Greater than half of millennial TikTok customers, 53%, have visited or ordered meals from a restaurant after viewing the eating location on TikTok.
In relation to all TikTok customers 38%, about 51.8 million diners, have visited or ordered meals from a restaurant after seeing a video.
These are prime findings from a nationwide survey launched by MGH, a advertising and marketing communications company. The social media platform has 136 million U.S. customers and 1 billion worldwide.
The survey additionally revealed TikTok movies are prompting customers to journey longer distances for a eating expertise and swaying them to spend more cash than they normally would, in accordance with a press launch on the findings.
Of the TikTok customers polled, 30% have traveled longer than they usually do to go to a restaurant after seeing it on TikTok, and 28% have visited a restaurant that was barely costlier than those they normally go to after seeing it on TikTok.
“What this survey exhibits is that this once-dismissed social community, TikTok, has fully modified the way in which individuals behave, the place they spend their time, and extra importantly, how they spend their cash,” Ryan Goff, EVP, social media advertising and marketing director at MGH, mentioned within the launch. “TikTok actually is a restaurant marketer’s dream-come-true. There aren’t many different instruments we’ve left in our advertising and marketing toolbox that may drive the kind of affect promised by TikTok by way of this survey.”
The survey outcomes additionally indicated explanation why TikTok customers selected to go to a restaurant after seeing it on the platform:
- 72% mentioned it was appetizing-looking meals.
- 45% mentioned it was a novel menu merchandise.
- 42% mentioned it regarded like a enjoyable place to go along with buddies or household.
- 38% mentioned it confirmed a cool approach of serving the meals or drink.
- 37% mentioned it confirmed a cool environment.
- 30% mentioned it had a terrific view.
- The nationwide survey polled 1,139 U.S. TikTok customers from July 16 to the 18 this yr.