Pink Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen cruised to victory on Sunday on the 2022 System 1 Mexican Grand Prix, held at Mexico Metropolis’s Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.
The win was Verstappen’s 14th this season, a brand new file because it eclipsed the 13 wins achieved first by Michael Schumacher in 2004 after which once more by Sebastian Vettel in 2013. Like Verstappen, Vettel additionally achieved his file driving for Pink Bull.
Mercedes-Benz AMG’s Lewis Hamilton completed second in Mexico, 15 seconds behind Verstappen, whereas third place went to Pink Bull’s Sergio Perez, who completed some 18 seconds behind his teammate.
Verstappen began the race on pole, with Mercedes’ George Russell on the entrance and Hamilton and Perez instantly behind. Verstappen made a clear begin and was by no means actually challenged from there, dropping the lead place solely briefly following his sole pit cease. There was extra motion between Russell and Hamilton early on, with Hamilton managing to get forward of his teammate initially and Perez offering stress on each.
2022 System 1 Mexican Grand Prix
Perez can be the primary of the leaders to pit, stopping on lap 24. There was an issue with becoming the rear left, nevertheless, and he was held up for 5 seconds, finally rejoining in sixth. Verstappen then stopped on the next lap, rejoining the race in third behind the 2 Mercedes drivers. Verstappen was quickly again within the lead when Hamilton made a pit cease on lap 29, with Russell following on lap 34.
Russell would finally cross the end line in fourth, adopted by Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc in fifth and sixth.
There have been few dramas, although McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo tipped the AlphaTauri of Yuki Tsunoda into the air on lap 51 with an aggressive wheel-to-wheel transfer, which led to Tsunoda retiring from the harm and Ricciardo receiving a 10-second penalty. Alpine’s Fernando Alonso additionally steered off monitor with an influence unit challenge on lap 66, which purchased out the digital security automotive although there was no change to the order.
Following the weekend’s motion, 2022 title winner Verstappen’s Drivers’ Championship tally has grown to 416 factors. Perez has moved as much as second with 280 factors, and Leclerc is now in third with 275 factors. Within the Constructors’ Championship, Pink Bull sits on 696 factors, versus the 487 of Ferrari and 447 of Mercedes. The following race on the calendar is the Brazilian Grand Prix in a fortnight.
2022 System 1 Mexican Grand Prix
Under are the complete outcomes from the 2022 System 1 Mexican Grand Prix:
1) Max Verstappen, Pink Bull Racing
2) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes-Benz AMG +15.186 seconds
3) Sergio Perez, Pink Bull Racing +18.097 seconds
4) George Russell, Mercedes-Benz AMG +49.431 seconds
5) Carlos Sainz, Ferrari +58.123 seconds
6) Charles Leclerc, Ferrari +68.774 seconds
7) Daniel Ricciardo, McLaren +1 lap
8) Esteban Ocon, Alpine +1 lap
9) Lando Norris, McLaren +1 lap
10) Valtteri Bottas, Alfa Romeo +1 lap
11) Pierre Gasly, AlphaTauri +1 lap
12) Alex Albon, Williams +1 lap
13) Zhou Guanyu, Alfa Romeo +1 lap
14) Sebastian Vettel, Aston Martin +1 lap
15) Lance Stroll, Aston Martin +1 lap
16) Mick Schumacher, Haas +1 lap
17) Kevin Magnussen, Haas +1 lap
18) Nicholas Latifi, Williams +2 laps
NC) Fernando Alonso, Alpine – DNF
NC) Yuki Tsunoda, AlphaTauri – DNF